LA Custom Door has supplied STC assemblies to companies such as:
- Capitol Records
- Universal Music
- Fox Studios
- Tom's Shoes
- Warner Brothers
- And many more!
Acoustical assemblies shall include all steel sound doors, frames, seals and automatic door bottoms.
- Doors shall be formed of two 16-gauge hot rolled galvanized stretcher leveled steel.
- Core shall be designed to insure minimum acoustical performance as required by the sound transmission rating.
- There shall be no seams on the faces or edges of doors. Mechanical connections on door edges shall not be allowed. Door to have continuous 14-gauge steel interior perimeter channels welded to both sides of door skins.
- Frames shall be manufactured of 14-gauge hot rolled galvanized stretcher leveled steel.
- Frames shall be provided with adjustable gasketing, factory installed.
- Corners shall be arc-welded and ground smooth. Frames shall be provided with steel bottom spreader bar.
- Jamb and head perimeter gasketing to be ASTM designation SCE-42 closed cell neoprene and shall be shaped to insure proper contact with the door.
- Door bottom drop seal shall be Zero International #366A semi-mortised.
- On pairs of doors, we will provide a "Sound Sealer Astragal" to seal between doors.
LA Custom Door
LA Custom Door manufactures STC rated doors with ratings of 45, 49, and 51.
Very loud sounds are faintly heard
Loud speech is not audible
Recommended for sound recording studios